When conflict arises, turn to veteran trial lawyers who have the experience and strength to handle difficult, complex litigation matters. We are proficient in all aspects of dispute resolution and are licensed to practice in state and federal trial and appellate courts. Time after time, our senior partners have proven that they’re formidable, thorough and well-prepared to take on complicated litigation matters.
We try civil litigation cases for both plaintiffs and defendants in state and federal courts, the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeal, and the United States Supreme Court, successfully handing a wide variety of business-related civil disputes. Our cases typically involve:
- Contract disputes arising from breach of contract, landlord and tenant issue, foreclosure, agent and principal dispute, or employment contracts.
- Business disputes emanating between business partners, corporate colleagues, violation of trade secret laws, and enforcement and defense of noncompete agreements.
- Business organization disputes that can crop up during the formation of partnerships or corporations, registering a limited liability company (LLC), as well as labor and collective bargaining differences.
- Real estate disputes that can develop between a buyer and seller of real property and involving secured transactions.
- Injunctions to stop an activity that may cause you harm.
Coleman & Coleman’s experience and broad knowledge can make a world of difference in results.
Bad things can happen to anyone. If you have been accused of a crime in Florida, you need to consult with a seasoned criminal law attorney as soon as possible. As defense attorneys, we most often handle:
- Florida felony charges, such as homicide and manslaughter, drug possession or sale, property crimes, theft, and violation of probation cases.
- Florida misdemeanor charges sometimes related to drug possession, or battery and theft crimes.
- Florida criminal traffic infractions, involving traffic tickets for driving under the influence (DUI), reckless driving, leaving the scene of an accident, or driving on a suspended license.
- Federal criminal defense cases typically involve the possession and sale of drugs or other controlled substances, mail, wire or mortgage fraud, or conspiracy.
- Domestic violence defense often includes assault or other allegations.
If you have been charged with a crime, your best defense is to choose a good criminal defense attorney who has the experience and tenacity to aggressively pursue the justice you deserve.
Family Law Proceedings
Litigation can sometimes be appropriate and even inevitable in family law disputes. If you’re contemplating divorce or have complex family issues, you will want to talk with a highly respected firm with decades of litigation experience. We will aggressively seek justice for you, yet try to find common ground and ways to amicably and fairly resolve your differences short of litigation so that you can begin the healing process and move on with your life. Each case is different. You deserve the kind of counsel that will put your own best interests first.
Our experienced estate litigation attorneys can help clients address and resolve difficult probate, trust, guardian, or fiduciary related disputes in such areas as:
- Wills and trusts contests
- Fiduciary (trustees and executors) and beneficiary contests
- Guardianships and conservatorships contests
- Capacity, undue influence, and fraud contests
We help you evaluate your options and choose the best course of action to take in protecting your legal rights.
We help clients stand up to regulators and employers in professional licensing and other state and federal administrative proceedings. Robert J. Coleman currently represents the Florida Education Association, the Teachers Association of Lee County, the Support Personnel Association of Lee County, the Collier County Education Association, and the Hendry County Education Association and its support personnel in administrative proceedings. Our typical cases often involve:
- Professional license matters such as attorney discipline cases, insurance agents’ licenses, teachers’ and professors’ licenses, and business or occupational licenses.
- Federal license issues often related to the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) or maritime licensing.
- Employment discipline and termination matters often on behalf of public employees and union members.
- Drivers’ license proceedings, such as suspension, revocation, and habitual offender charges.
We have extensive experience litigating on behalf of and against public entities in Southwest Florida. We can help you understand your options and pursue your rights.